Friday, March 02, 2007

Day of Mourning

Last night I was cozied up on the couch buried under blankets and Oscar, watching The Black Donnelly's. (New show, seems interesting, we'll see how it goes, it's on Thursday and that's already filled by CSI and Grey's Anatomy which were both re-runs last night, hence checking out the new show) Suddenly my phone was trumpeting the tone that alerts me to the presence of a text message. It's from the Reverend and simply says, "looks like you'll need a new jersey." I immediately pause the TV (God bless Tivo technology) bolt up and order the boyfriend to go to colts.com. He hangs in head because he had gotten news a little earlier from a friend and had opted not to tell me.... Brandon Stokley's contract with the Colts has been terminated.

It's devastating! The day after the Superbowl the bosses were kind enough to give us the day off to celebrate. I thought it only appropriate that I have a day to mourn my loss. I called the Doctor, who hadn't heard the news yet, and made my request, explaining the situation. His response, "Well it sounds like you just need to work extra hard so you can save for a new jersey." ggggrrrrr! Well played Doctor, well played. Not the sympathy that I was looking for, but well played indeed.

I'm not holding my breath, but there is still a chance that the Colts could re-sign him for less money. He's an awesome player; he just had a rough season because of injuries. I expect some other team will scoop him up and I'll be forced to move on. If so... Dallas Clark, you've got a new #1 fan.

2 Comments:

Blogger UhOhMichelios said...

I heard the news this morning. I'm sorry about your potential loss. :..(

5:52 PM, March 02, 2007  
Blogger Plankiest said...

I got your text message. I never responded because...well, how do you respond to news like that? I am so sorry.

10:42 AM, March 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

< < Return to the homepage