Tuesday, January 09, 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

I know, i know, I'm a little late. Get over it. So... New Year's Eve! It started with the Colts game. They were playing the Miami Dolphins. Now, normally the company suite bleeds blue. Lots of Colts fans! Occasionally we get a stray Bengals fan or maybe even a Titans fan, but for the most part we have dedicated Colts fans. Well, the Doctor and the Quitter happen to be pretty die hard Dolphins fans. It was an amusing game to say the least. The Doctor who normally performs an emphatic touchdown dance after each Colts touchdown chose to do his dance only for Dolphins touchdowns (or should i say touchdown - singular). I felt the Colts needed the dance so I decided to take over for the Doctor. I did offer to let him do it as he sat pouting in his seat. I received a deadpan "NO" in response. hehehehehehe. The Colts of course won, though it should have been a bigger blowout. I had a great time though. I laughed at the Quitter a lot because she was decked out in Dolphins gear, but she really wanted to Colts to win for playoff purposes. She also couldn't help but get excited when her favorite (Colts) player, Joseph Addai, did well. It was also fun because Rica and her hubby were there, so i got to talk to them a bit.

After the game the boyfriend and I made a dash for Chicago. By dash, i mean we moved like cattle through the massive crowd leaving the dome and then sat in the garage traffic for an hour. We were staying at ArtBoy's apartment and it took us FOREVER to find a parking spot. The Reverend met us there and we all changed clothes and headed to Murphy's Bleachers. It was a cute a sports bar literally across the street from Wrigley Field. We had purchased tickets in advance which entitled us to free drinks and appetizers until 1:30am. The place was packed but we managed to find the Reverend's other friends and stood talking to them for most of the night.

Throughout the night the Reverend kept getting text messages from a friend who had a condo downtown. Once the free drinks stopped pouring at Murphy's, we decided to head to the friend's condo. From here on out, i feel it's best to describe the evening in things that "might" have happened.... (Also, this is where my bosses should stop reading, or if you read it, pretend your reading the blog of some crazy girl you've never met, not your favorite employee)

While at Murphy's I "might" have had a few rounds of a pretty drink called a Tequila Sunrise.
When we got into the cab to go from the bar to the condo, i "might" have been in a REALLY REALLY good mood and "might" have carried on a great conversation with the Cabbie (I actually "might" remember his full name, but you know we don't do names here) He "might" have 3 daughters, ages 15, 17, and 19 and he "might" have been living in Chicago for 15 years. Also he "might" be from Ghana. (Just in case you were wondering). I "might" have told him (several times) that he was the greatest cab driver ever and that i was impressed that no one had puked in his cab yet considering it was New Years. I "might" have been so utterly impressed by his driving abilities that i called the 800 number for "compliments and complaints" and raved about him for 5 minutes.

When we got to the condo we met the Reverend's other friends who "might" have been about as "happy" as I was. We had lots of fun swapping stories about the Reverend and for various reason, which I won't discuss here, we opted to stay at the condo instead of trecking back to the apartment. The next morning the three of us did the "walk of shame" to the train and headed back to the apartment. After showering and changing the Reverend headed out to see some more friends that lived in the area and the boyfriend and I (unable to reach Beana) headed for Ikea. After shopping we went to heaven, I mean Gino's, and had my favorite Chicago style pizza and then we stopped at Jamba Juice to pick me up a Mango-a-go-go for the trip home.

All in all it was a fun trip. I'm thinking back to New Year's past. I think my best New Year's have been in Chicago, Colorado Spring, Costa Rica. It seems to me that New Years should be a destination holiday, as long as that destination includes lots of friends.

I don't do that whole Resolution thing. I've done it in the past and it never works so I've abandoned ship on the idea. i always love to hear other people's resolutions though so feel free to share those and your new year's stories in the comments section. I guess that's about it... Happy New YEAR!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, ok, I have absolutely nothing to say since i wasn't there and already heard these stories. I am not really sure what my comment should be then. I can usually come up with something that is funny or witty (Well not always but I usually say something) Today I am drawing a blank but since you harp and moan and groan if i dont so i am commenting.

Plus I think that since I am special I should ALWAYS be the first person to comment on your blogs. :)

8:08 PM, January 10, 2007  
Blogger Plankiest said...

Yay!

Happy New Year!

I am so glad the holidays are over. Way too much stress.

Yep, that's it. I have nothing funny or witty to say either.

Just one big sigh of relief that the holiday gauntlet has been run.

11:04 PM, January 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

< < Return to the homepage