Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy Birthday to.....

Oh yeah. MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! That's right kids, last week i celebrated my twenty-something birthday and it was GREAT. I was quite excited because it seemed that for once I was actually going to have some friends around to celebrate with. Most years people are traveling for the holidays and stuff and therefore it's usually me and one or two others. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the dedication of those who do come, but i like big groups.

Our group wasn't huge but it was quite fun. To start the night out Will and I went to Kona Grill for dinner. I love that place, thanks to the Narrator for introducing me to it. We each had an appetizer (big enough to be a meal), Will had a margarita and i had 2 and it was only $19. AWESOME!

After Kona we headed down to Average Joe's in Broadripple. The boyfriend and the Reverend met us there and we played several games of pool. The rest of the group arrived (crap, now i have to come up with names for all of them..... ok... there's Art Boy - who is currently in Art school in Chicago and basically just a really cool kid, Comic Geek - Art boy's older brother and one of my former roommates, he's a total comic book geek but we love him anyway. He's actually spending this year in England going to grad school so it was great to get to see him. Then there's Awesome Chick. That really is the best way to describe her. She's beautiful, smart, charming, freakin' hilarious, and just fun to be around. Also, her and Art Boy are totally in love but neither one of them is willing to step up to the plate. It's all very amusing for the rest of us.)

So then we were off to Mineshaft. It was a long journey (next door) and we arrived to find that our group literally doubled the population of the bar. Oh wait, i forgot to mention why we were going to Mineshaft. KARAOKE!!! I love it, i don't care what say, it's AWESOME! Will had done some research before we left and found at least 2 websites saying that this was one of the best Karaoke places in town. With so few people there to be embarrassed in front of, i felt it was necessary to require all of my followers to sing for me. They of course got up as a group and sang Happy birthday, but it made me happy. I sang a few songs, as did the Reverend. Mostly we jumped around and danced and drank and had a really good time.

Will agreed to go sing again but only if Awesome chick would sing with him (mostly because she was totally embarrassed at the thought of doing it) Art Boy jumped on board and the 3 of them sang "It's Raining Men" together. Some people think you don't have to know a song to sing it a karaoke because the words are on the screen for you. This trio is the perfect example of why those people are wrong. It quickly became apparent that none of them realized that there were any words other than "It's Raining Men Hallelujah It's Raining Men amen." But here's the thing, they were committed! They could have just given up and walked away, but they didn't, they stuck it out and butchered the ENTIRE song. It was a beautiful thing (in a really twisted kind of way).

More dancing and more drinking occurred. Crazy things that won't be discussed on this blog were witnessed. At some point this guy came in and it was his birthday too, so we danced together for a couple minutes and i got death glares from his girlfriend the rest of the night. I caught Comic Geek falling asleep at the bar a couple times. HAHA!!! Good times!!!

Kudos to Will who was my designated driver and bought me lots of drinks. Also, he was in it for the long haul. A couple people had to leave early, but Will stuck it out to the end, and then indulged me in drunken conversation at home when i was still far too awake to go to sleep. And finally, Happy Birthday to Will, he has to share his birthday with Jesus, tough gig.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I WAS IN IT FOR THE LONG HAUL! YOU REMEMBER THAT!

We were committed to butchering that song and as karenoke said, "as long as you enjoyed it"

I also have to say you are a BIG FAT CHICKEN for not blogging about the thing. hehe

11:29 AM, January 02, 2007  
Blogger Plankiest said...

What thing?

I really need to know.

Also? Will called you fat. Are you going to stand for that or are you going to kick his box?

11:48 PM, January 02, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. So now I know why you chose me to sing with you, Will. I just don't know if I can forgive you for that...unless I just forget about it by the next time I see you, which I probably will.

2. Love muffin, thanks so much for the nickname you gave me, it's the exact description of you, too. Basically, we're total babes.

3. I adored The Kite Runner. What a good book.

And that's all I have to say about that entry. Really.

-Alleged Awesome Chick

1:34 AM, January 03, 2007  
Blogger E.A.P said...

Happy grossly-belated birthday wishes to you, friend. Glad you had such a memorable time. HUGS!

11:57 AM, January 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

< < Return to the homepage