Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Super Bowl Baby!!!!

THE COLTS ARE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok honestly, that could be my entire post, but when have you known me to be a person of few words?!? So.... Sunday was the AFC Championship game! The Indianapolis Colts versus the SUCKY New England Patriots. For those who don't know the history, the Colts and Patriots have had a nasty history which consists mostly of the Patriots beating the crap out of us and keeping us out of the Super Bowl. The times, how they change!!

Big Pretty AFC Championship sign!

The Boyfriend and I arrived nice and early, and after a little scare in which we thought he had paid for tickets that didn't exist... we were off to the suite with our friend (I can't believe I've never blogged about him before!) SportsBoy. The suite was filled to capacity because, come on, AFC Championship. There were debates over where to sit, bottom line, I needed to be next to the Quitter there would be hugging, squeeling, and jumping to be done, and it's much more effective when we're next to each other.

To get a full recap of the game, check this out. It's not the best quality, but you still get a nice picture. The first half is rather painful, even when you're just watching the highlights, but pay close attention in the second half. It gets fun!

This game can only be described as a roller coaster. I knew from the beginning that the Colts could do it, but it didn't stop me from being nervous. The nervous energy only grew when the Pats scored a third touchdown leaving us at 21 to 3. There was still hope though, the Colts had time for one more touchdown before the half, and they would get possession at the beginning of the half. Well, the last possession of the half was held to a field goal, leaving them trailing 21 to 6 at the half.

I'm not really sure what happened at half time in that locker room, but it was good. Things started click and the Colts looked AWESOME. My favorite player (that's actually playing right now and not on the injured list), Dallas Clark, made a couple of huge catches. Jeff Saturday, the Center, recovered a fumble to score the first touchdown of not just his Pro career, but of his entire football career, including high school and college. I could keep gushing, but I'm guessing you picked it all up in the video.

So... Here are some pics I snapped that help commemorate the evening........


The Quitter looking very nervous as the Patriots, with one minute left, try to score.


The Quitter looking much happier when, with 16 seconds left, the Colts intercept the ball to end the game and send them to the Super Bowl.
It's kinda blurry... but that's the score board at the end of the game. Colts 38 Patriots 34!!!


Other people cheering in the suite as the team gets ready to accept their trophy.


Check out all the confetti!!!


Shot of the field as they get their trophy and do short interviews.


Me and boyfriend! Do you think maybe i could have smiled a little bigger? I don't look excited at all!!!


The masses leaving the Dome!


Shot of Illinois St. from the parking garage. You'd think a Colts game had just ended or something.

Obviously, it was a great night. Oh yeah... bonus... we convinced K-dog and the Doctor to let us come in at 10am instead of 8am on Monday in celebration!!! Yea!

One more thing, this probably won't be up for long, so go check it out. Scroll to the bottom of the page, or, because I'm sure it will be updated soon, look for the entry on
Monday 01-22-2007 at 1:37am. It's my puppy!

Anyhoo... to all the other Colts fans out there..... WE'RE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!!! To all the Patriots fans.... HA.... HAHA.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! To anyone who has an extra ticket to the Superbowl, I will pay you with my un-dying gratitude. That's worth sooooooooooo much more than the thousands of dollars you could sell it for on ebay!!!!!

Most importantly..... GO COLTS!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger E.A.P said...

Even though I said this 837 times on the phone, apparently it doesn't count if I don't comment on your blog:

I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU AND YOUR BELOVED COLTS.

There. I said it. Now can I have my weekend?

4:59 PM, January 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I just comment on how freaky the "art" on Illinois street is??? I hate it!! Do they not understand that we live in Indiana and there are people here who will think that it is a giant "walk now" sign???? HELLO!!!! And I'm not sure if the hip swaying is supposed to be sexy, but it just freaks me out.....
Oh ya.... Go Colts!

12:38 AM, January 28, 2007  

Post a Comment

< < Return to the homepage