Thursday, August 03, 2006

Nothing to write

So, I'm irritated by the fact that I don't really have anything to blog about. Nothing interesting has been happening lately. There are a number of things I could blog about, like the fact that me, Oscar, Zoe and Quitter started dog training a couple weeks ago, or that I'm pretty sure that my brain is trying to escape my cranium because I have ceaseless headache. I could blog about the fact that Will and I finally joined the Boyfriend's gym and are starting to workout, or that the boyfriend's laptop crashed and burned the other day and we (and by we I mean I, until he pays me back) had to shell out $1200 for a new one. None of this is interesting though. I'm bored typing it, you must be bored reading it.

My theory is that I feel like I have to stack up. Take this recent post from the Quitter for instance, the girl totally cracks me up! Or how 'bout the Narrator (This is a new name, someone I'm not sure I've mentioned before, i'm not sure I love the nickname, but it seems appropriate and you'll see why, anyway, I work with her and she's totally awesome) she tells the best stories ever! Literally the girl could be telling you about the kind of toothpaste she uses and i'm pretty sure in about 3.1 seconds you would be cracking up. Don't believe me... here's the evidence. She posts even more infrequently than I do... but come on... that's quality reading!!! So you see... i'm surrounded by funny! But my life isn't that funny.

I'm starting to feel like i'm losing my creativity. Remember when you were a kid and you could make up whole stories in your head? and then you could tell those stories with eerily vivid detail? A year ago I could still do that.... now i'm not sure that I can. So... for a little while at least, this blog is (and by "is" I mean "might") going to become a creative outlet. I won't be offended if I lose a portion of my VAST number of readers (though I will ask you every time I post, "have you read my blog?") I'm open to suggestions for topics. I don't know how long this will last so i'm sorry if you get bored by it, but I feel like I need to re-assure myself that I have some creative juices left. So if you have any topics that you'd like to throw out, I'd love to see what my mildly deranged brain can do with them.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK! I gave you this great topic last night when I was in your bed but did you listen? NO! You could have had a lot of fun with explosive Diarrhea. Ok well that did not come out how I meant it, you could have written about explosive diarrhea and made it really funny to read.

As for the narrator, it is a highly amusing blog entry. Where do you get a bullet proof denim jumper? I feel the woman who talks to her dog needs one.

11:18 AM, August 04, 2006  
Blogger Plankiest said...

Thanks for the shout out!

I don't think its because you don't have anything funny to write. I think that by the time the funny thing is over, it is too much trouble to go sit down at your computer and try to tell what happened in a funny way. I have that problem all the time. Hence the reason I hardly post.

But I will be excited to see what you come up with in your new phase!

12:55 PM, August 04, 2006  
Blogger E.A.P said...

Ideas for Regular Features/Topics:

-Old stories from Costa Rica
-Spam in my mailbox/inbox
-Pictures of the puppy (MUST!)
-Scanned images of Young Podslave (if possible)
-I've been reading, blog edition
-I've been reading, book edition
-Quote of the Day
-Picture of the Day
-Things That Must Die: a rundown of inanimate objects/concepts that need to be done in.
-The Food Chronicles: recipes from Podslave's kitchen.
-rants about business and marketing ethics

That's all I've got for now. Now stop harassing me about it!

1:58 PM, August 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

< < Return to the homepage