Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Things I DIDN'Tdo last weekend

  1. Sit in an airport for an hour and a half waiting for my connecting flight.
  2. Climb on top of an un-sturdy table to hang a 12 foot sign from an equally un-sturdy metal pipe
  3. Cut myself with a box cutter while trying to open a box of books
  4. Stab myself on one of the 5 million staples that are sticking out of the table waiting to attack me.
  5. Explain to a woman wearing a denim jumper and crocs (a.k.a. ugliest shoes on the planet) why it's not a good idea to teach her 2nd grader Advanced Physics, even if he is "“really advanced."

Oh yeah... one more thing I didn'’t do... I didn'’t go to a CONFERENCE!!!! That'’s right, I'’m done! No more conferences this season. Not that I'’m excited about that or anything. I actually don'’t hate conferences... it's just good to actually be home.

So... what did I do this weekend?!?!

Well, Friday was DATE NIGHT!!!! Haven't had one of those since, oh, probably sometime in March! The boyfriend and I went to see the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie. I won't ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. My very brief review is that it was good, but not as good as the first one. It's obviously a 2nd movie in a trilogy. I can't wait to see the third one. i hope they crank up the humor in the third one again, i didn't think the second one was as funny as the first. That's enough on that.

Saturday was Road Trip day, no not the movie, an actual road trip. Will, the boyfriend, and myself all piled into Will's newly acquired little Saturn and headed to Ikea for the day. We made really good time and got to check out the new Ikea that is all of 20 miles from the old one (cuz heaven forbid they build one CLOSER TO ME!!!!) We got Will's desk, my curtain rods, and a few other random things. Then we had the AWESOME task of trying to get a desk inside a Saturn! guess what?! it didn't work! so... we got to strap it to the top of the car!!!!! AWESOME!!! It was big fun and it looked awesome too!


As a reward for our shopping and desk strapping capabilities we went to Gino's for dinner. Mmmmmm Gino's!!! Chicago style deep dish pepperoni salivating I'm salivating just writing about it. Finally, to make the trip complete, we stopped by Jamba Juice so i could get my Mango-a-go-go fix. They seriously have the best smoothies on the planet. Again... OPEN ONE HERE!!!!!!

Sunday was spent dealing with all the stuff we bought. I put up the curtain rods, ironed the curtains, and put them up. The living room is MUCH darker now, and cooler... it's great! We put Will's desk together... well at least part of it. We found an entertainment center (it's actually black, not white) at Ikea that I really liked, but it would require completely rearranging the living room. I wasn't real excited about that, but i figured we should try it out before i throw down $200 for the entertainment center. So, we completely rearranged the living room. I don't love it, but i don't hate it. It's probably more functiaccommodatingss accommodating for me. UGH!

So that was pretty much my weekend. Let's recap... things i didn't do... Conference. Things i did do... had fun! YEA!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger E.A.P said...

Non-convention weekends have been LONG overdue for you, so YAY fun times! That entertainment unit seems cool - the niches could be useful as well as really, really ridiculously good-looking. I'll have to see the arrangement when I come. Later!

2:30 PM, July 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

< < Return to the homepage