Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The Devil went down to Georgia…

Ok, actually, I went down to Georgia. So did my mom and eventually my dad. Thursday mom and I left and flew down to Atlanta for a conference. It was an ok conference. It was irritating because we had a retailer directly across from us and another one right beside us both selling our stuff for less than we were. The hours for the conference were really long too. We didn’t get a chance to do anything in Atlanta because we were both exhausted by the time the conference ended.

We were pretty psyched because we were staying in a Westin – yea for heavenly beds and heavenly baths. We got to the Westin and I was slightly less than impressed. Don’t get me wrong, it wasn’t a bad hotel, it just wasn’t what you expect when you hear the name Westin. I could go into detail, but that’s a lot of effort, and really, do you really care? Anyway, the bed was AWESOME and the shower totally ROCKED! I’ll just try to forget about the fact that I called Room Service 5 times and waited over an hour and half and still never got the set of silverware I asked for.

So Saturday the conference ended and I picked up dad from the airport. Mom and dad and I hopped in the car and started our trek to Savannah. Dad’s parents live in Savannah and we came to visit for a few days. Oh maybe I should mention that Dad’s parents didn’t know that he was coming, they thought it was just mom and me. Corky (dad’s mom) was thrilled. Yea for surprises!!! We’ve had a really good time just hanging out. It’s been a few years since I’ve seen Corky and Papa so it’s been fun. Only one problem…

I’M SICK!!!!!! SICK!!! I’m supposed to be on a mini-vacation spending quality time with my family and I can’t breathe through my nose! I’ve been poppin’ Allegra and snorting and over the counter nasal spray because I left my flonase at home like a dummy. My grandparents called their doctor and he won’t see me because I’m not a patient. I called my doctor and she said she could call in cough medicine for me. I’M NOT EVEN COUGHING!!!!!!

We head home tomorrow night and as much as I’ve enjoyed being here, it’ll be nice to be home, if for no other reason than so that I can have my flonase!