Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Oscar the Grouch

Ok... so really he's a sweet puppy and i totally adore him. How can you not love this?


But lately he's been a bit crazy. This post was originally going to be title my terrible horrible no good very bad day. But then i realized that the very bad day basically surrounded my pup, with a few other interuptions, so i decided the post should be Oscar focused. So here goes...

Oscar is (if ya can't tell) a golden retriever. He was born in Costa Rica and is named after Oscar Arias (Noble Peace Prize winner, former and current President of Costa Rica). He is a big box of love. He walks like a bear. He barks with things in his mouth so it sounds all muffled and funny. He's a little over a year old and he still chases his tail. He's got the soul of an old man and the energy of a 5 year old who had cotton candy and Mountain Dew for lunch. He is TERRIFIED of the vaccuum cleaner and the hair dryer. If he meets a Chow, German Shepard, Great Dane, Husky, or Malamute he runs up to introduce himself. He sees and miniture pincher, boston terrier, pug, or pekinese - drops to the ground or hides behind me. He weighs about 75 pounds, but if you asked him, he'd swear he was a lap dog. He'll happily be a pillow, foot warmer, or jogging partner, yet pilates is NOT allowed on his floor (the rest of the house may be mine, but the floor belongs to him). He'll eat pine cones and spits out cucumbers. All in all he is an AWESOME dog and has the BEST personality. And most importantly... he's my baby.

So why title this post "Oscar the Grouch" you ask? Well ... the other day, I came home totally exhausted. I let him out as usual, set an alarm, and proceeded to take a nap. My alarm went off and got up to go change clothes and head out to my kickboxing class. I got upstairs and found that my angelic pup had chewed through 2 pairs of workout pants and a sports bra. (guess that's what i get leaving my clothes in a laundry basket instead of folding them and putting them away like a good adult) The only time he'd ever done anything like this before was a couple stray socks that were left on the floor in plain sight. A dog can only restrain himself so much. My lesson, make sure the closet door is completely closed and all should be good.

All is not good, since then my sweet little pup has chewed a hole in the corner of my down comforter and decided that my teddy bear doesn't need a face anymore!!!! What has gotten into him? I don't know what the deal is!! He's really normally a good boy. I'm so frusterated!!! He used to be crate trained but that was really just to get him through potty training and the many moves we had. I don't know what to do. I don't want to pull out the crate again, partially because it take up A LOT of space. But it's really annoying to have to strip the bed and lock the bedding in closet everyday, only to re-make the bed every night. WHAT DO I DO?!?!?!

1 Comments:

Blogger hardlyahero said...

He is probably just bored. When i move in, we can just through neo in and then they can play together all day.

10:06 AM, April 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

< < Return to the homepage