Monday, October 20, 2008

Weekend re-cap

Thursday night Dad calls to ask what I'm doing on Saturday. Turns out that a good portion of the family that lives in Savannah, GA is going to be in Southern IN visiting. And as a bonus, Aunt Jan-Jan (my dad's sister) is going to be driving up to A-town on Friday. So, Friday was work, ditched running with Simmonds (who was pretty grateful cuz she really wasn't in the mood to run) to have a margarita with Jan-Jan. Drove around town a bit to show her what has happened to little A-town since she left over 10 years ago, and then headed to play Texas Hold 'Em.

I was quite proud of myself this time. I played a lot smarter. I folded stupid hands that weren't going to pay out instead of betting to at least see the flop which is what I typically do. I also got lucky in that I actually got some good cards. In the end it was down to me and one other person (after we knocked out my mom - she ALWAYS makes some amazing come back and knocks me out!!!) He was definitely leading me in chips and we were both tired. After going all in (in hopes of losing and just ending it) from just seeing the flop (I was holding out for a straight... that NEVER works!!) the straight hits and I win the hand. Winnings were supposed to be $45 for 1st and $25 for second. He was still leading me in chips, but we were both over it, so I asked him if he'd take $40 and I'd take $30 and call it a night, which we did. 2nd place is pretty good for me though. I was happy.

Jan-Jan stayed the night at my place and in the morning we headed to the Louisville area where my dad's brother and sister-in-law live. My grandparents (from Savannah) were already there and Mom and Dad and my brother and sister were right behind us. We had lunch and lounged around the house together, catching up, and then headed out to this orchard/winery that is nearby. Mom, Dad and I did some wine tasting and then our whole crew headed out to the pumpkin patch to pick pumpkins. YAY for pumpkins! Pumpkins = roasted pumpkin seeds!! AWESOME! Here's a couple pics of my adorable little cousin trying to find just the right pumpkin.


They aren't great pics, but she still adorable! Mom took some pics too that I'd like to post if she sends them to me.

Sunday was pretty laid back. The boyfriend and I went to "Breakfast" which has become rather routine for us on the weekends. The people know us now. We're like and old couple except we don't eat at Denny's. Who cares. Bub's is AWESOME. Oh yeah.. the Colts lost.... AGAIN! stupid!