Friday, June 29, 2007

My latest Obsessions!

It occurred to me that recently I've become enthralled with some new things and I haven't taken the time to share them with the blog-o-sphere. How can I expect to dominate the world if I can't suck you into my addictions? Crazy! So here goes!

Queen Triggerfish

A couple weeks ago Dad and I went to Denver for a conference. We were looking a place for dinner that ideally would be located near something that would provide us entertainment after dinner. The girl at the front desk recommended the Downtown Aquarium. In the restaurant, an entire wall, floor to ceiling, is an aquarium including sharks and puffer fish. Sweet! (though i find it a little cruel that the restaurant specialized in seafood). In addition to the restaurant there is a pretty decent size aquarium that you can go through. Being that I kinda wish I could just live underwater and I positively adore going to aquariums, and oh yeah, dad's a biologist, it seemed perfect.

We sat down for dinner and our waiter came over and rattled off a bunch of info about the 150,00 gallon aquarium in front of us. And then he made his fatal mistake... he said if we had any questions about the aquarium, just to ask. STUPID! The evening goes on and I have to know.... do they name the fish? If I worked there I would name the fish. I mean obviously not all of them, but unique and easily identifiable ones. So he starts to tell us what they have named some of the fish. He said there was one named Molly and she was the most expensive in the tank. $9000 to be exact! I was fascinated! I needed to know what a $9000 fish looked like. So our waiter took me on a walk to find her. She was really pretty. I didn't get a good shot of her, but here's what her breed looks like (is it breed if it's a fish? i'm such a dog person)


So, where does the obsession part come in? Well, it occurred to me why not make a $18,000 investment, and buy 2 Queen Triggerfish and breed them. Ok, I understand that it'll be more than 18k because there will be the purchase of a huge ass salt water tank and all... but seriously... $9000/fish. That's some bank! Of course dad and the Doctor have both tried to steal my thunder by pointing out that these fish don't breed in captivity... WHATEVER!

Obsession # 2 - Ok, I'm a little embarrassed to admit this, but I'm totally addicted to :

So You Think You Can Dance


I LOVE this show. Can't get enough. Mad that I only get one regular show and one results show/ week. Oh and since it's a holiday week... I get NONE this week. This show is basically American Idol for dancers. I never really got into American Idol (though I do thank them for giving us Kelly Clarkson... and a few others, but mostly Kelly) First of all, I love dance. If i believed in reincarnation, part of me would want to come back as a dancer. The show is especially enticing because I love watching a ball room dancer paired with Hip Hop dancer, told to do a contemporary dance. And more specifically, watch them TEAR IT UP! The choreographer obviously gets a lot of the credit for this dance... but check out this video of Kameron and Lacey. I LOVE THEM! Keep in mind this is a contemporary dance so it is a little weird at first but stick with it, it's only about 2 minutes and it's AWESOME! Also I'm now addicted to the song as well. Enjoy!

For anyone who is actually watching the show regularly... here's my short version of my thoughts so far. Kameron and Lacey are obviously my favorite couple. Pasha is DEFINITELY my favorite guy. Shauna and Lacey are probably my favorite girls. And Jessi did NOT deserve to be sent home last week.

Third and Final Obsession

Mac Cosmetics Pro Longwear Lip Colour

My lips have found their match. I've been tirelessly searching Clinique Counters, Sephoras, and Ultas for the perfect lip color. I just want something that I can put on once in the morning and not have to mess with it the rest of the day. Is that too much to ask for? It seemed as though it was. See, I'm addicted to chapstick but I still wanted some color. So I needed something I could put on and then continue to use my chapstick throughout the day without losing the color. This may seem picky, but I assure you I'm not the only girl who knows what she wants for her lips and searches endlessly. Case #1: The Quitter. Case #2: The Quitter again (this girl's persistent). I have finally found it. Mac Cosmetics Pro Longwear Lip Colour. It goes on like a gloss and you let it dry for a couple minutes. It becomes kinda sticky and then you know the color has set. After that you can put on gloss (which comes with it) or if you're a chapstick addict like me just use that. The color lasts all day! It made it through my diet coke sipping and lunch! Yesterday I put it on right before church. After church we went to a cook out - hot dogs, macaroni salad, chips, the works. Later that night we had pizza for dinner and when I went to get ready for bed you could still see the color (it had faded, but it was still there). I LOVE this stuff. My color is "Legendary" but they have lots to choose from. Lip Color from Mac: $20. Not having to reapply every time you take a sip of coffee: Priceless!

Alright, I shared my obsessions. Your turn. What should I obsess over next?

4 Comments:

Blogger E.A.P said...

You. Me. LA. One Week.

Sweeeet.

12:10 AM, July 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What has happened to you?

In the last few years you have become such a girl! I take credit for most of it but seriously, if you had told me when i met you that you would be doing your hair, wearing girly shoes and putting lip gloss on. I wouldn't have believed it. Now i know I can not take all the credit for the change but I think its mostly me, WhatsHisName (your old gay boy) never got this from you. Ok, sephora is from the quitter. Hair, is from the HairGod, mostly but he just cut it, i helped pick out the look. Ok I was there when you surfed the internet and looked at pictures. I am there for the daily, you look good comment when you need it. Obviously your husband wouldnt be there for that, he would try to logically explain take the other side and explain why you look bad. HAHA (thats really only going to be funny for you, if you get it) So anyway, your such a girl, its kind of disgusting. I am so proud. :)

Ok, So i have plan for the fish. We buy an Island in the Carribean, (hopefully next to the one that Johnny Depp owns), we build a Costco, (you know for entertainment and of course cake), We put a net around like a mile of water and then the fish are free but we can harvest their babies with little effort. That way, we get Johnny, cake and sell fish for 9000 dollars each. OMG we would have to have a boat and we could eat our cake on the boat!! I think my plan rocks. We just need investors and the doctor and your dad should not ruin it by telling us how it wouldn't work.

2:10 AM, July 05, 2007  
Blogger Plankiest said...

Mad! Mad! Mad!

Why didn't you tell me about your fabulous new discovery in lip color?

Or did you, and the vicodin made me forget. Hmmm....

Anyway, sticking with mad.

1:29 AM, July 18, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best part about the MAC is that if you bring in 6 empty MAC containers, you get FREE product! My colors are Stuck on You for every day and Commitment for special occasions. Welcome aboard! :)

~Bange

1:35 PM, October 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

< < Return to the homepage